My parents have been talking about separating for the past month or so. I was hoping that they would work out their issues, you would think that they would after 20 years of marriage, but they aren't.. and now the separation is official..
And now it's officially breaking my heart.
Last night my dad announced to us girls that he is moving to Iowa. Even though I'm a grown married woman, I still need my dad, and I want to have a close relationship with him. I have always pictured my family as this tight indestructible unit, and now I am coming to the realization that it's not. I've always seen other people's families going through this type of thing, but I never thought that it would be MY family. Anyone that knows me knows how important my family is to me. I love them more than anything, and I would do anything for them. I will miss him so much. It's going to be quite an adjustment when he is gone. The thing I will miss the most is Christmas morning breakfast made by my dad. I seriously look forward to it all year, it is just a really special thing to me that sounds dumb, but I will really miss it, and him. A lot. I just wanted to write this to get out some of my built up feelings. I have just been really upset lately that my dad is leaving. I got on here today and read that last post by Kade and it made me feel so much better. He has been so supportive and loving through this crazy time.. I am the lucky one. In school news, my Kindergarten teaching went really well. I loved it and had so much fun with the students. I am going to Price in 2 weeks to teach 6th grade.. scary! I'm sure it will be fun, and a good experience for me to have. I'm just sad that I have to leave my hubby for a whole week! Thats all.
No comments:
Post a Comment