I got home from Price last week! To be honest, it was a really sucky trip, but a good learning experience for me haha. I know for sure that I don't want to teach 6th grade. I think I did a pretty good job, but I really didn't enjoy it as much as I did in the lower grades. It was quite an experience being stuck in a hotel room with 3 other girls 24/7 also. I missed Kade ALOT.. I think he missed me a little too ;) I am now teaching 2nd grade at Coral Canyon Elementary. Today was my first day, and I'm really liking it so far. The kids are so fun. This is my last practicum before my student teaching! I can't believe that I'm almost done.. all of this hard work is finally going to pay off! My student teaching assignment will start in January and end in April. I will be at Panorama Elementary in a 1st grade class for 30 days, and then a 3rd grade class for 30 days. I couldn't be happier with my placement, I'm really excited for that.. and then graduation in May! WOOhOO! I graduated high school when I was 16, and have been doing college nonstop since then, so it's going to be such a huge accomplishment for me to finally have my degree. Anyways, enough about school...
In other news, Kade and I put an offer on a cute little house in Washington! It's like right down the street from my Mom's house, so thats cool. We are just waiting for the bank now to say yes or no. I know I shouldn't... but I really have my hopes up about it. I love the house so much, with a little TLC it could be really cute. Kade and I have always talked about how fun it will be when we got to own our first home someday, so we are REALLY excited about it! It is something that we have both wanted for a long time, so hopefully it will work out.
This is what it looks like!

Tomorrow is my Grandma Brown's 82nd or 83rd birthday.. I'm not sure which one at the moment. I love my Gram so much, she is a truly amazing person, I look up to her a lot. She was a single mother, a great 3rd grade teacher, and raised 7 wonderful kids, I know right, what a woman! Happy Birthday Grandma.
Can you believe this lady is in her 80's!? I can't.. I hope I will age like her someday haha :) She makes beautiful cakes! We loved ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment