But I had NO idea just how busy I would be.
So much has happened.
I don't even think I can catch up on it all.
This is my poor attempt:
1. I set up my classroom and planned, planned, planned non stop from the second I got my job until the first day of school. It was a crazy couple of weeks with a lot of late nights and fast food for dinner. Britt helped me so much. She was there with me every step of the way helping me plan, do bulletin boards, decorate, make stuff, organize things... you name it she was there. It was so nice to have an awesome teacher and my best friend help me get started. I couldn't have done it without her.
2. After preparing... it was time for the big show. I started teaching on August 15th. The first day of school I felt so excited, nervous, scared, silly, happy, fulfilled, but most of all completely terrified! It is such a heavy feeling when you get into that room, and all of those little bright-eyed sweet kids look up to you hanging on every word you say. It's quite an experience... and I love it. I love my students. They are awesome. I am so impressed by them every day.
3. Vista is a different type of setting than what I was used to with public school. You have to be flexible. My teaching assignment changed a few times. I am now for sure teaching all day 2nd and 3rd grade math. I like it better because I'm not an aide and also because I get paid more. haha. Getting used to their policies and things over there has been a challenge, but I am doing okay.
4. Things have not been wonderful all the time... I have came home in tears more days than I would like to admit. It's SO hard to be a teacher! I mean seriously, it can really suck the life outta you! It is never all finished. You have to just walk away at some point and keep up with your life. I have to constantly tell myself... come on Syd.. its just a job... go home to your adoring husband.
5. Speaking of my adoring husband.... I love him. I love him more and more everyday. Which seems crazy because I feel like I couldn't love him any more than I do now... but its true, every day it gets stronger and stronger. He has been wonderful through all of this. I have been neglecting him BIG time. He is so understanding. I love how he tries to just make my life easier. He has stayed with me past nine at night helping in my room, grading papers, cutting things out, etc. He has been a huge help. He is also pretty much taking care of the house too... cooking, cleaning, laundry, finances, you name it. Haha, I am so spoiled. I promised him this is just the first of the year, and after a while I will get better at keeping up with stuff.... I will. Anyway, he is freaking amazing. Kade also just got his CDL too! I am so proud of him. He studied really hard for it.
6. On top of everything... I have been freaking sick with a nasty head cold. I guess my body wasn't used to all of the germs kids have. I have been so tired.. more tired than I have ever been. Mentally and physically. I am feeling better today, still not 100%.. but close.
7. My birthday was August 7th. I turned 22. No big deal. We didn't really do much. I got to relax all day and didn't work on school stuff at all, which was exactly what I needed. My mom made me a nice dinner, it was fun to get together. I had to start work the next day with meetings and stuff, so I was in bed early. I'm really boring now. I go to bed at 9:30... yep. It kinda makes me sad in a way. A part of me wants to be up until 1:00 having fun and doing whatever I want... but another part of me feels glad that I have a job to go to bed early for, and I feel productive and successful. I need to find a balance there... thats what the weekends are for I guess! I can play then.
8. My mom and Britt's b-day was on the 24th. We got together and had a nice evening. It was fun to see everyone and have a little break. We got my mom a GPS so she doesn't get lost when she goes up to see Em in SLC. That reminds me...
9. We sent Emily off to college! It was a weird weekend. Before we left I had to go up into her room to grab something... and I saw her empty room. I immediately started bawling! I will miss her. The weekend was crazy and we didn't end up spending that much time with Em which I was sad about.. but we got her all set up and ready for life at the U. She loves it so far. I am happy for her and I hope she does well.
I don't remember what else has gone on... it has been crazy. I'm sure I am forgetting stuff. Oh well. I am super excited for this weekend because it is labor day on Monday and that means a 3 day weekend for me! I can't wait to relax and have some fun! I will try and post pictures next time of my room and other recent happenings. Untill next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment