We celebrated Halloween today at Vista. It was a blast! We had a parade, and of course a rockin' party in my class! Would you expect anything less? ;) We did eyeball addition with these gummy eyeballs I found at the dollar store, ate too much candy, and had a dance off. It was hilarious. These kids LOVE to dance. I love watching little kids dance... not in a creepy way haha... I mean I think its sad that when we get older we are so self conscious and are afraid of what other people think of you. I just love how young ones don't care at all and let loose! I love being a teacher because my kids keep me young and I can be as silly as I want with them! I always try to incorporate dance or music into my lessons because they love it so much and I really think it helps with memorization. I still remember the long division song my 3rd grade teacher taught me and that was like a bazillion years ago! It is a lot of work, but I am so happy and fulfilled in my career :)
1st Period

2nd Period

3rd Period

5th Period

My favorite costumes of the day... These two boys are BFFs. I love that he came as a girl! That is a gutsy move in the 3rd grade. Kudos.

6th Period

7th Period

Quick clip of the hilarious dancing I was refering to...
Lol... I have an autistic boy in one of my classes and when we were dancing he kept saying "SHAKE WHAT YOUR MOMMA GAVE YA!" Over and over again. I could not stop laughing. I wish I got a video of that. It was a great day... and I'm pooped!
No comments:
Post a Comment