Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

1 Year

Happy Anniversary Lover.
In some ways I feel like it went by so fast, but in other ways I feel like we have been married forever... maybe because we have been together for so long?
We had a great little vacation from the world.
On Sunday (our actual anniversary) we slept in, made the most delicious blueberry waffles with strawberries, bananas, and whipped cream for breakfast.
Watched our wedding video and cried, laughed, smiled, and talked.
The night before I dug out all of the memorabilia that we have from our wedding so we reminisced and looked through a bunch of stuff. It was fun to read through our sign in book and look at our albums to see what advice and stuff people had gave us.


We went over to my mom's house and cut into our 1 year old cake top!
We both thought it was going to be so nasty... but we were surprised, it really wasn't bad!




After that we went over to Kelli and Kelt's place to visit Kade's dad because it was also father's day! He got a sweet grill and we played a few games and chatted for a little bit. It was nice. My dad is in Iowa, so we didn't get to spend time with him. I missed him. I'm so lucky to have my in-laws. I love them lots. They are such a great example to Kade and I. I hope Kade will be a lot like his dad when we have kids of our own because his dad is one of the best dads I know.
After that we went out to dinner at Olive Garden, it was yumm. :)
On Monday we woke up early and headed to Vegas baby!
We stayed at the Monte Carlo, the same place as our honeymoon. It was great.
Okay, I am a weird-o and I LOVE Wienerschnitzel. LOVE. I was so sad when the one on the boulevard closed down. So now when I go to Vegas I always want to eat there to get my wiener fix. ;) Well... the one that we always go to across from our hotel was gone too! I was bummed, but Kade was so determined for us to eat there that he called his sis and got directions to another one WAY out of our way. He doesn't even like it that much. It was cute.. and worth it because it was delicious.
After lunch we visited Kiley and Hadley to get Kade a haircut!
He needed it! Thanks Ki! :)

We went to Beatles Love! WOW, it was so amazing. We both LOVED LOVE. I am a huge Beatles fan, so it was so awesome to see and hear the music come alive in a different way. Kade isn't really into the Beatles as much as I am, and he still really liked the show and it made him like the Beatles more I think. So even if you aren't a Beatles fan, you will still love it.
The night after that is pretty much a blur of walking, laughing, walking, kissing, walking, and others.
Lets just say we had a wild night livin' it up Vegas style.
I always like to see the gardens at the Belligio. It was pretty.


We didn't get to bed until the wee hours of the next morning so we were exhausted the next day. We wanted to go swim, but decided that we really didn't feel like it and went home.
It was a blast. I wish we could go do things like this more to get out of town but its kinda hard when you have no money.
So that was our first year. Here's to a bazillion more :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy one year!!! Cute post, I'm so glad we got to see you guys for a min and I'm glad you guys had fun in VEGAS!!!

    ReplyDelete