I actually didn't even have $5 that day so my Mom got it for me. Haha, thanks Mom.
Once again I forgot to take a before pic... damn excitement. It was that nasty light brownish, orangish oak color from the 70's. You know what I'm talking about.
Ignore the glare on it, thats my flash.
I was a glazing virgin before this project and I was a little nervous about it, but it is SO easy! I followed Mandi's Glazing Technique at Vintage Revivals (my favorite blog ever) Except- She says that you can buy her beloved Ralph Lauren Glaze at Home Depot, and you can't now. They stopped carrying it. D-bags. Anyways, so now you have to go to Jones Paint and Glass. They can mix it any color you want, I chose black silk because that's what Mandi uses a lot and I like it. I thought it was going to be expensive, but the glaze was only $8... swoon! It will last a freakin' long time too.
I am trying to decide if I want to re-do my other furniture in my room like this or if I like it different...? I dunno yet. Also, I'm starting to think my bedroom is BLAH and BORING. I want more color. When I picked out this bed set I envisioned my room to be serene and calm... like spa... but now I kinda want it to be loud and fun... like carnival. Haha, oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment