
Well I got an even better job opportunity today. Vista Charter School offered me a full time position!!! I interviewed with them a few months ago and didn't hear anything back, so I didn't think I got it. I love Vista. It is a public charter school out in Ivins that is focused on performing arts and advanced technology. Think Tuachan for grades K-8. They have all kinds of fun music, dance, and theater classes for the students and a new black box theater in the round... AH major swoon! I fell in love with their curriculum and school at first sight. There is a waiting list for students who want to get in... its crazy!
But, oh yeah, I already signed a contract with Hurricane Elementary and the District. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to get out of it with no bad feelings, but it honestly couldn't have went more smoothly. The Principal was so nice and understanding... so I felt good about it.
I am jumping up and down with excitement!
I will be the 2nd and 3rd grade math teacher for half of the day and a math assistant in a 1st and 2nd grade class for the other half.
Math... how ironic.
The best part is they are offering me full benefits, insurance, and a retirement plan! I am so excited. I cannot believe how blessed I am. It feels good to know that all of my hard work is going to start paying off. I start tomorrow planning my curriculum, so wish me luck! I'm going to be super busy.
Tonight we will be celebrating :)
No comments:
Post a Comment