Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rodeo-New Hair-Diploma

We went to the rodeo last night with Kade's fam...
It is a big tradition for his family and his G-pa goes every year for all three nights! Kade and I just went on Saturday night. 1 night of rodeo is enough for us. Haha. Grandpa Pope is like a legit cowboy. Its cute.
We always sit in the same spot every year. G-pa reserves the seats a long time in advance. It was fun to see him and grandma so happy and having fun at the rodeo. I'm glad grandma came, she didn't get to come with us last year.

Oh yeah... I chopped my hair off yesterday too... 12 inches! I cried. I didn't realize how long my hair actually was. It was freaking looong.
I will miss my long hair, but it was time to cut it off. It was getting too long, took forever to do, had no shape, and I was ready for a change. My hair is SO thick, so it was a huge pain in the butt. I like it short so far. I wanted to grow it out so that I could have long curls for my wedding, which I did, so it was definetly time. I'm donating it to Locks of Love again. I did it in like 2008 when I moved up to Cedar. Some little girl will be so happy to have it. I'm thinking about doing it even shorter in the back so its more like an A-line, but I haven't decided for sure yet.

I went to a great professional conference last Saturday on gifted and talented children up at SUU. It was fun to go back on campus for the day. The conference was amazing and I learned so much. It was hard to give up my Saturday for it though. Anyway, while I was there I went to the bookstore and bought a really nice frame for my diploma! I wanted to by the frame for it with the money I earned from my first payheck as a teacher. Every time I was in the bookstore, I would always stare at the diploma frames and dream of the day when it would be my turn to buy one. It felt great to finally be doing it.
The holy grail...

I'm SO not ready to go back to work tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment