Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Home Improvements and Recent Happenings

Laundry Room/Garage
Well we did it... and by we I mean Kade.
He tiled our laundry area and it looks so great.
This was his first time tiling anything before.
Whenever I think about Kade lately, that song by Salt N Pepa plays in my head... you know... "What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!" Hahaha! It's true... and I'm a weird-o.
He went through A LOT of trials to get this little area done, and I am so proud of him. Mainly, for keeping his cool through it all. If I were him, I would have been so frustrated with it and gave up, or at least gotten pissed, but not Kade. He was so calm about everything. I watched him in complete awe.. just thinking about how determined he was. He is such a good man. This project took about a week. He had to keep stopping because we didn't have hot water and couldn't do laundry, so we had to stop to put everything back in. It's all done now, and it looks SO much better than it did before. He wants to tile our bathrooms now too to match, so we will probably be doing that soon.
Oh yeah - half way through this project, I got really sick. Of course Kade went to Harmons for me to get my perscription. He was all dirty and right in the middle of his project. He had no problem dropping everything to run to the store for me. This is just the kind of guy he is. I was already so completley in awe with him, and then he came home with these beauties, and more of my most favorite things to help me feel better. Seriously. I could not be more smitten. How did I ever get so lucky? He gave me a kiss, put on a movie for me, made dinner, and went back out to work.

Alright, no more of the mushy crap, here are the pictures of the project...
Before: Warning - These pictures are NASTY, but real. This is seriously how it looked. I can't believe we kept it this way for the 8 months we have been living here.





During:





After:






We got this new washer and dryer set too! So freakin' nice! They are part of the Bosh Nexxt series. I love how quiet they are and that they are front loaders. I couldn't reach inside of our old ones without standing on top of something! We got these for F.R.E.E... yes thats right... thank you cute little old lady.
Kade also got this punching bag for free from Green Valley Spa... they are water clients...

And We also got these SWEET shelves for free too! I love these! My sister set us up with them from her school. They were going to throw them away! I don't know why because they are so cool. I am going to fill these up with food storage and other fun things.

We like free stuff :)
Now we just have to clean up our mess! The garage is all messy from the project.
Next project....
Master Bedroom
I re-did it! I didn't really like it the way we had it before and wanted to add a pop of color. I chose green, because I love green, and because since my sister moved up to college, she was giving away some stuff from her room that she didn't want.
Again with the free stuff! This total room transformation cost me under $175 bucks... for EVERYTHING... paint, accessories, bedding, EVERYTHING. I love doing things the thrifty way. I think I got that from my mom. She was always buying the nastiest of crap and making it gorgeous. There is a great satisfaction in doing things yourself. It makes you appreciate the piece more, I think.
Anyway, here it was before:


And... After:










I LOVE it!! :) Lots of painting and little mini-projects were involved... and I really love painting. I used to draw and paint a lot in high school, but kind of lost interest when I went to college. I want to get pack into it more. It's really relaxing and healing for me.
We also got a new TV! No, this one wasn't for free... but it was a smokin' deal!
I don't feel like taking a picture of it, but it's nice. We had a 42 inch in our living room, but we moved that into our bedroom and mounted it as you saw and put the new 46 inch in our living area. Kade is in heaven with it and the new Modern Warfare 3 game. I don't really care about it, lol, I thought our old one was nice.
So thats whats been happening at the Prisbrey residence!
We are so incredibly blessed and happy!
We are so excited for the holidays this year! We can't wait to put up our tree and Christmas lights :)
I hope I am feeling better by Thanksgiving. I have been really sick with a cold again. I can't seem to shake this one, it's been brutal. I have been sick a lot since I have started teaching. Everyone that I have talked to says that it is normal for my first year because I am not used to all of the germs.
Yesterday was Kade's Grandma and Grandpa's 60th wedding anniversary.
They are the sweetest couple in the world and are still so in love with each other. It's such a wonderful feeling to be around them and feel the unconditional love that they have for each other. I mean seriously, it warms up any room, you can feel it... so magical. I love them so much.
I was really bummed that I couldn't go, but Kade still went and wished them our best. We are both still doing really well with our jobs, and things are awesome :)
It's fun now to be married and not poor anymore. Haha, seriously! We didn't have any extra money when we were living together and first married, so now we are enjoying it and having fun! We are planning a fantastic vacation this summer, saving a good amount of money each month, and are getting ready to have a baby. It's so fun to dream together about all of the cool things we want to do. I love those midnight talks until the wee hours of the morning :) It's such a beautiful time for us... and we are not taking it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment