The never-ending table! We always have a lot of family over, but this year was actually the smallest one yet.
Everyone had their own little name card and place setting.
It was so nice to spend some time with Em. We were SOOOO close our whole lives, and then this last year we drifted apart a lot. I guess she just had to go through that crazy teenager phase? She is still up at the U and really likes it a lot. Anyway, we have been growing closer again even though she is far away. I love her so much and I am so proud of the person she is becoming. There is just nothing like a sister's bond. We missed Brittney! She had to go to Idaho because it was their turn with Ryan's family. That's okay because that means we get her for Christmas!!! :) I can't wait for Christmas, Abby is going to be so cute!
My Dad got to come home for Thanksgiving too. I miss him a lot.
Kade and I really enjoyed talking with everyone and hanging out. I have a really cool family. Everyone is so interesting and diverse. My most favorite though would have to be my "hunk-a-lee" (Uncle Lee) What a great man. He'll tell you a story or two.....
Anyway after we stuffed ourselves and mingled, some of us walked down to the new park and played some good ol' fashioned American football. It's a really pretty park.
The best part about the day, and every other day of my life is that I get to spend it with this stud. He is what I am Thankful for the most.
After the festivities were over we went back over to the Prisbrey's, drew names for Christmas, went back over to my mom's house and watched Due Date with my Dad and Em.. SOO funny, then headed out to go black Friday shopping at 10. We had never gone before and just wanted to see what it was all about. We had a mission. We called this Mission Dyson DC33. The lines to get into Target and Best Buy were comical. I asked one of the people that were like 10th in line how long they had been standing there and she said since WEDNESDAY MORNING! WEDNESDAY? SERIOUSLY? I immediatley starting bursting out laughing at them. LOL. Then they gave me the look of death. People are so funny. It was kind of depressing to see human kind be so selfish and mean over stupid material things. I mean seriously, is that new cheap ipod really worth what your doing? Look at yourselves! Haha... as we were among them. We won't be doing that again. It felt strange, superficial, and completely unnatural. BUT needless to say we did get a lot of great things without resorting to violence or pepper spray. Mission DC 33 was a success! We have wanted a Dyson for a long time but could never afford one.
I love it! But was it worth the hassle and semi loss of respect for ourselves...? I haven't decided yet.
We rolled into bed at 7:30 that morning. Yep. We slept the whole rest of the day. Not fun. After we recovered from that, we put up our Christmas tree and lights! I HATE with a passion those perfect trees that everyone has now. You know what I mean... the ones that are all perfectly color coordinated with matching ornaments? They make me want to barf. I hate Christmas trees like that. I love trees with history. My family's tree was never one of those perfect ones. It is filled with memories and fun things that we made.It is one of our tradtions to get 1 new ornament each year symbolizing something significant that happened during the year. Kade and I really like this tradition and are continuing it with our own family. We have an ormanent from 2008, 2009, 2010, and just got this year's one. I'll take some pics of those, but I am too lazy to right now.
I'll have to take a picture of our Christmas Lights too. They are legitley older than I am! They are the really old fashioned big colorful ones. They are my favorite and Kade's parents had a big bin of them that they didn't want so we took them! They are cool.
We are really excited for Christmas and have been really busy! We are all done shopping... woot! Leaving tomorrow to go up to SLC for Kade's company party! We are stoaked to have a quick little get away. Then on Monday is my work party :)
We hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment