Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

Well.... Christmas Eve was awful this year. Kade and I were in a huge fight. It was probably the biggest fight that we have been in since we were married. It was not good. Kade and I were already sort of uneasy about all of the family stuff over the holidays. It is stressful trying to make everyone happy and get to everything. Especially when you have 2 families like ours who we both love so much and are always doing fun stuff. Then he bought a gun. I hate guns. I was barley okay with him buying the first one. It took a lot of me to give in and compromise, and when he bought this other one behind my back, I just felt like he didn't care. He promised me when he bought the first gun that it wasn't going to start anything, and that if he ever bought a gun again it would be way in the future and we would talk about it first. We also have a set limit that we can spend on stuff without talking to each other first. I was livid when I opened that stupid box with a gun inside. I was mad that he broke his promise to me and the way he went about it was so weird. His whole family knew and they wanted me to open it at their house. They like guns and hunting and cowboy stuff and country music - which is fine - whatever makes you happy - but I don't. I hate that stuff and I'm totally against most of it with the exception of a few great country songs. Haha, you get the point, just totally not me. Don't get me wrong, I love them all to death. We are just from different strokes. Lol -
I think he wanted them there as back up or something? I don't know but I felt so uncomfortable and out of place. Thank goodness I listened to my intuition and didn't open the gift over there. I waited until we got home. It was just a bad situation. Anyway - we worked it out. Kade finally realized that it wasn't the best way to go about purchasing a gun, and is getting his money back from it. I don't think he meant it to turn into what it did and is trying to be more considerate of my feelings on the subject. I honestly think that if he would have know how I really felt, he would never have done it. Poor communication. It's crazy how many fights are because of bad communication and/or family weirdness. Things are good now. This weekend we are taking a little hiatus from the world and spending it alone. I think we might spontaneously decide to go somewhere? That would be fun- I don't know yet, we'll see. Anyway the point is I love Kade. I love how we are so different. Together we are the perfect combo. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Anyway- by Christmas morning it was all good. It was so fun watching Abby open her presents and get so excited. She is WAY into dress up right now, so there was a lot of wardrobe changes and glitter everywhere... she was SO cute. It was the best.
It was also so nice to have the whole family together. Emily wasn't going to come down because she had to work, but she quit her job and got in around midnight on Christmas morning. It was fun to be completely ridiculous and together again. I'm pretty sure that she is moving home after the fiasco that has happened... but I don't know what she will decide. She is my sister and I love her.  
Kade and I opened the rest of our presents alone really early on Christmas morning before we went over to my mom's house. It was nice. I got Kade a few shirts, a belt, a wallet, a hat, a new xbox controller, and these really nice turtle beach head phones. They were ridiculously expensive. The guy in Target totally won me over when I was deciding between this one and another non-name brand one. He said "Well.... I'm not really sure how to explain this to a non-gamer.... hmm.... well....the difference is like buying Western Family mac and cheese compared to Kraft mac and cheese." I was like - okay I totally get it now. Lol Kade loves them and was really surprised.
Kade got me a lot of great things. Every gift had a really sweet note in it. I got an hour massage, a mani, pedi, and a facial, bare minerals, prime time, and the thing I wanted most... a player to play my ipod in the Altima! I have wanted one for so long it is awesome and I finally can rock out to my tunes in the car. I find myself making excuses just to take a drive somewhere. He also got me an itunes gift card to buy more awesome tunes and my favorite chocolates. Aside from the gun thing - the man did good.
After my parent's house we went over to the Prisbrey's house and opened gifts over there. We got a really nice ladder. We have always borrowed theirs, so it will be good to finally have one of our own. We also got some other miscellaneous things and some money. We watched some home videos and it was so cute to see Kade as a little boy. After that we went back over to my parent's house for our Christmas dinner. It is my most favorite dinner of the entire year. It's always epic.
Speaking of epic.... the legendary Noel/Leon sign.... It just wouldn't be Christmas without it. Only a select few people know the significance of this. LONG LIVE LEON!

No comments:

Post a Comment