Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

SLC Weekend

SLC was a lot of fun last weekend.
Kade and I drove up and stayed one night for his company party.
We stayed at The Little America Suites. I was shocked that we got such a nice suite completely paid for! It was awesome! We literally walked in and were like... "Woah! Are we in the wrong room?" Haha, we wern't. Kade's boss is just really generous. I'm so glad that Kade works for a great company that takes good care of him and really appreciates all of his hard work. He loves it at Warren. These are not the best pictures, and I didn't even take one of the bathroom or the rest of the room, but you get the point. I loved the view off our balcony!



After we checked in, we met up with Em and her new boyfriend, Calvin for lunch at this rad underground place by the U called The Pie.



It was the best pizza I have ever had in. my. life. SO cool. We talked, stuffed our faces and laughed our butts off for like 2 and a half hours!! I could have stayed there all day. I really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and wonderful tunes. It was fun and really nice to meet Calvin. He seems like a really genuine person. Kade and I both LOVE him. He is so freakin' funny and is just perfect for Emily. He is also in a cool band and loves fantastic music. Shwing! She is SO smitten. We got along great!



After lunch we went sight seeing for a little while and then went back to the hotel for Kade's party. It was in this really nice conference room and was super fancy. I felt pretty out of place haha! They had SO much wonderful food there and lots of smiling faces and laughs. It was really nice. They white elephant gift exchange was hilarious. Kade also got a nice bonus check! Woot! I was surprised that he got one after only being there for a little while, but he did! I was really taken back by the generosity and warmth. It was a great time. After the party was over, Kade and I decided to go walking around and see the sights. We ended up going to a few cool bars and hang out spots that Kade used to frequent when he lived up there. The Green Pig was my favorite. I had never been to a bar before. I know - I'm such a square. It was different than I expected - in a good way. I loved chilling out and listening to the live music. It was a nice little break from the world. The next day we got up early and went shopping all day before we had to head home. Lame bathroom mirror picture before we took off...

Of course we found a Weinerschnizle to eat at! LOL. We got lost finding one too... hmm... how familiar. Anyway, we had a really nice time!
On Monday was my work party and had a BLAST! The gift exchange at my school was even funnier than Kade's work one. I work with some pretty hilarious people.
This weekend Emily and Calvin are coming down and he is meeting the rest of our family and we are going to do festive Christmas stuff and have a game night! It's going to be so fun, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment