Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Hello Old Friend

I can't believe it has been a month since I last blogged!
We have been so busy around here, there is just never any time!
Brief rundown about what we have been up to:

- School started for me on Aug. 6th. I had meetings all that week. I LOVE my co-workers! My team is amazing!! School has been going for 2 weeks now. I absolutely love first grade! My kids are so sweet. It is definitely a lot harder in my opinion than 2nd and 3rd. They need constant supervision! It has been challenging for me to remember just how little they are but I love having just an AM and PM group. I feel like I am getting to know my students so much better and really establishing a strong bond with them. My week nights have been filled with projects, back to school night, planning, and going to bed ridiculously early. Like 8:30 people. Insanity! I have just been freakin' worn out! I forgot how hard it was at first last year. I feel so much more prepared and on top of my game this year though. Yay! I am no longer a newbie. It is going to be a great year. :)

- I turned 23 on Aug. 7th! I have never in my life worked on my birthday except for this year. Haha, I am so spoiled. It was fine. My co-workers all made me feel special :)
Funny story: I was running late for work on my b-day (me... late... how weird right?! tehe) When I got to school, the parking lot was all roped off because they were re-painting the lines. I was flustered and could not for the life of me find anywhere to park! It seemed like all of the road was filled with cars. So I finally found a spot, and I thought it was fine. I went into my meetings and about an hour later, my cute secretary told me that there was a cop that needed to see me and that I was parked directly in the lane of traffic blocking the flow. Awesome. I was so embarrassed I wanted to die! I really thought I was okay, but I guess there wasn't enough shoulder room. So the cop was a total douche bag and was going to write me a ticket even though it was my b-day but then he couldn't find me in his computer system. He called another cop over to try his computer and nope... their system wasn't working or something. I'm sure it looked like I was getting booked since 2 cop cars were there! Freak. Anyway, I got away :) YAY! The universe was working for me that day. After work, Kade and I hung out for a while and then went over to my parent's house for dinner and cake. It was so much fun! I LOVE my mom's cooking. She makes the best fettichini alfredo and brushetta ever! It was yummm. I just love spending my b-day surrounded by my family. They are everything to me. We had a fun night.

Chad gave me this vintage champagne  from 1995! It is a ridiculously expensive bottle...
such a generous and special gift.
I corked it immediately of course. We all toasted to me and my special day. It was one of those great memories that I will cherish forever.
My best friends :)

- Kade bought another gun and got his concealed carry permit. He was pretty stoked about it. Once his card comes in the mail, he can conceal his gun and carry it with him if he wants to. I am glad that he did it because we have been in some pretty scary situations where I would have liked to have it. It would have made me feel better I guess. Also, you never know what is going to happen and it is good to be prepared. We have been shooting quite a bit lately. It is pretty fun. I'm starting to really like it. Funny how much I've changed about the whole gun issue. Kade and I were talking about how much we both have changed since we started living together 4 years ago! We have both grown up a lot, but the important thing is that we have grown together and so much more in love and stronger everyday.

- We have decided to stop treatment for me with the whole PCOS crap. We are no longer trying to have a baby. It was a hard decision, but we both decided that if it was meant to be right now, then it would have already happened. It is just not our time and we have accepted that. I am relieved to stop taking hormones and having to do all kinds of freaky tests. It was so stressful. I hated it. I hated that it was taking over my life and making me feel so depressed. I was SO down. Completely inconsolable. For a while there I was trying to continue treatment but keep a positive attitude, but it really wasn't working. I felt like I was just being 'fake' happy and deep down it was still killing me. It has been better lately. I can see babies and not want to break down and cry. Yes - that happened. So silly and stupid, but I felt like I couldn't help it! We are excited to start our family someday, but today is not the day. We are going to enjoy having more alone time together, go on more vacations, and have fun just being in our early 20's. Sometimes I forget how young I am. I am only 23... I have a long life ahead of me to have babies. I can wait. I want to be the best mother I can be, and I still have a lot to learn about life before that happens. So we will start trying again later on when we feel ready to do so and hopefully then it will be meant to be. I still get a little sad sometimes seeing all of my cute friends and family getting pregnant and having little ones, but I am at peace with the fact that is just not in the cards for me in this stage of life. I hope someday in the future we will be reading this post and look back on our journey and realize why it wasn't the time yet. We will have a baby someday. We will. It will be the most amazing and magical time of our lives, and our baby will be perfect and loved more than anything. Someday.

I feel like I am forgetting stuff, but oh well! It's date night and I gotta go! That's pretty much it. I will try to be better at updating this thing. :) Can't wait for Dave in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! SO stoked!! San Diego here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment