Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

San Diego! DMB

We had the best little trip! It was such a blast!!
It feels so good sometimes to just skip town and get away. I love going on long drives with Kade. We always have lots of laughs! We spent the day at the beach and went sight seeing. I love San Diego!! I like the balance of the big city and the serene beach. I also have been realizing lately how much I love taking pictures. I LOVE it! I took tons on this trip. I felt so inspired, everything was beautiful. I wish I could take photos and make a decent living out of it. That would be fun! But not like the posed family photos that everyone takes. Yuck. I would want to take life photos of real events and places. I would want to really tell the story of the people I photograph. Don't get me wrong, I like the posed shot here and there... but I love shots that have a story to them and are more real. How cool would it be to photograph a birth? That would be amazing! My most favorite pictures have movement and life to them and are SO not posed and perfect.
Anyway, I am way off track here. Back to our trip... :)
I LOVE Coronado Island. I wish we could live there and be beach bums. There was this really cute little white house on the beach that was for sale and I seriously called on it. The asking price was 9.7 million!!! Freak! I was a little disappointed.
The Coronado Hotel is one of my most favorite hotels ever.
The history of the hotel is fascinating and it is so unique.
It was a beautiful day and we got a little sun tan so it was very nice :)
The water was too cold for us to swim although other people were braving it.
I'm lovin' these shots of my sexy hubby...  
He didn't know I was taking them until the last one. Once he caught me, he just looked over at me and flashed his crooked little smile that I adore so much.
I liked our little beach spot where we were hanging out. There was this guy there that makes awesome sand castles. He is "The Sand Castle Man." It was fun to watch him work. We didn't get to see the finished product of his piece, but what we did see was pretty amazing. I love watching artists in action. You could tell that he was so passionate about his work of art. His sand castle was taller than me! Really cool experience. 
We thought it would be fun and adventurous to drive down and see the border since we were like right there. I had never seen it before and I was curious. It was kind of a freaky place. We didn't stay long!


The concert was AMAZING that night!
I didn't know it but it was Dave's 51st birthday! The band was really high energy and SOOO good!
They never disappoint! I have seen them twice before with my momma and sisters, but never with Kade.  We had a fantastic time! I was surprised at how good our seats were. I wasn't expecting to be as close as we were so that was a pleasant surprise.
Don't mind my no-make-up-face. I didn't want to waste a second of my trip doing something so boring as getting ready! Haha. It was definitely not a priority. Kade always makes me feel beautiful anyways even when I know I look anything but.  :)

We had a wonderful mini vaca! I'm so glad we went.
We left the next morning after the concert and had a very nice long drive home.
Lately I have been feeling like our lives are so complicated and busy. I hate that. It felt so good to uncomplicate things and get away. Even if it was just for a little while.
Sometimes I want to sell all of our crap and just pack up and run away to Europe for a year. Haha, wouldn't that be wild?!?! We really could do it. But I don't think I could live without my amazing family for that long. I would miss them too much. I can't even go a week or two without seeing my momma.
So I'm thinking we will keep our day jobs ;) Speaking of the family...
Diesel stayed with my parents while we were gone and they LOVED him! They both said he was the best dog ever! He got spoiled over there for sure and got lots of TLC. That's what Grandparents are for! Haha. Diesel is like our substitute baby right now. Thanks for watching him Mom and Dad, we love you both to the moon and back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment