Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

ch ch changes!!!

We have some major changes happening in the Prisbrey household!
Let me start off with a recap of what we have been up to...
- School has been super hard for me! I have been really struggling with it. I think it has been the combination of teaching such a younger age group, a different subject, and I also have this one tough kid that has been making my job a living hell! This kid makes someone bleed in my class almost everyday. No exaggeration. It make me so mad! He is so defiant and aggressive. It totally changes the dynamic of the class. The last 2 weeks have been better with this little guy though. I have collaborated extensively with the special ed team and I think we have finally found a behavior management plan that works for this kid. We have tried tons and tons of different things with him. It sucks when you don't get any support from home either. It has just been exhausting. I feel bad for this little guy. I hope to make a positive impact on him over the course of this year. I should be thanking him because he is making me a better person and a stronger teacher. It is only October and I thought about quitting like 10 times since the school year started. Haha. I am SO not a quitter though. I will not quit. But I just like to entertain the idea of it once in a while... just for fun. :) I'm glad that things are getting better with him though. I hope this sticks!! Other than that, I really do love my job. I love my cute little ones. They are sweet. One little girl came to school with these flowers for me that she picked on her way to school and filled up her water bottle with water to keep them alive. Cute huh? She was so excited to give them to me.

- We have done a few fun things since I last blogged...
We are loving the fall weather!! I love this time of year. It is my favorite for sure. We bought tickets to Thriller for Halloween!! SO EXCITED! I love going to Tuachan. I am hoping to get a good deal on Aladdin tickets too... we will see. We have lots of fun things planned to celebrate the season.
- Kade has been on call the last 2 weeks so I went with him when he got called in and drove up to Springdale. It was gorgeous. Right around sunset. I was sad when he got called in because I was right in the middle of making dinner, but oh well! We had a fun night.

- It was the rodeo weekend. We aren't really rodeo people haha, honestly I always dread going a little...but we always go on Saturday night with Kade's fam. I was really sick that day and throwing up, but we still went. It is that big of a deal to Kade to be there for his grandpa. We know how much grandpa loves it and we love him SO much so it is fun to be there with him. We had a good time making fun of people and eating nachos and hot dogs! Teehe :)

- Last weekend we went up to SLC on Thursday for the annual CBCD conference. I felt so privileged that my principal asked me to be one of the 4 teachers from our school that got to attend for free! My school payed for my ticket, hotel, meals, and the gas to get up there! It was way nice! Plus, I got the day off on Friday :) Kade wanted to come up too and drove me and another girl from my work up. It was really fun! Kelt was so nice to let us borrow his truck for the trip. While Jerre and I were at the conference on Friday, Kade picked up a beautiful headboard that I found on KSL. I am SO in love with it! It was perfect for what I was looking for, and I didn't have to paint it, or do anything to it! That is rare for me. I am usually such a DIYer, but this one was exactly what I wanted and only for $55! Sweet deal. I will post a picture when I am done with our room. I have also bought a new faux fur rug and a FREE chair! I had to put a lot of work into that chair, but it looks so awesome in our room now! I can't wait until the room is done and I can post pictures. It is almost there.
Anyway.. back to SLC... We got there at around 10:00 on Thursday night and checked into our hotel and then met up with our friend Wayne at The Pie Underground. I LOVE that place. It is the perfect hang out spot. If we lived in SLC, we would be there all the time. We had a delicious pizza and a pitcher of beer and talked and talked. We didn't realize that it was 1:00 in the morning!! We had a lot to catch up on, and lots of laughs! I was so dead tired for the conference the next morning, but thanks to continental breakfast, I had like 5 cups of coffee and was good to go! You can only do that kind of stuff when you are young... so what the heck! It was worth it. The conference was on behavior management and was really interesting. They gave us lunch and a bunch of free materials so it was definitely worth while. It was really long though. 9-4 straight lecture, so I had a hard time sitting still for that long. I really like SLC. I wouldn't mind moving up there someday if we needed to for work or whatever. I love the city downtown and the old homes and the overall atmosphere. I am a city kind of girl for sure. I could NOT live in a weird little town, I would go crazy!! Saint George is a good balance for us. It was a fun trip.
The conference was in the Rice Eccles Stadium Tower. It had the most beautiful view ever. There were all of these VIP rooms with plush leather couches and a fridge and all kinds of stuff. I am assuming that you can rent out a room to watch the game in? That would be fun. Here was the view out one side...
 This was the view facing the other way...
We stopped and ate P.F. Changs on the way home and had a fun drive. :)
The next night we took Kelt out to Red Lobster for endless shrimp as a thank you for letting us use his truck. It was a fun dinner! We were there for a long time munching on shrimp and talking. It was really nice. I love Kelt. He is such a sweetheart. Kade isn't super close with his family for some personal reasons, but he has remained really close with his dad. They talk on the phone almost everyday. It is sweet. We have a lot of love and respect for that man.

While we were gone Britt and Ryan watch Diesel. They fell in love with him too! I guess Abby cried when we came to pick him up and take him home. They had lots of fun with him and he got lots of attention which is good. I am glad to know that Diesel is really good with little ones. She sent me these pictures while I was at the conference...
I love my nieces!!! They are SO adorable. Kade and I are going to watch them while Britt and Ryan have a date night. It is going to be fun!

Yesterday Kade and I went bowling with my Dad and Jack! It was a blast!! Jack one the first game, then my Dad one the second, and Kade one the third game. I suck at bowling, but I still like to go and have fun! It was nice to spend some time with my Dad. My Dad and Kade get along really good... which is so weird since they hated each other when we were in high school. Haha. My Dad threatened to kill Kade once. Like legit. LOL. We laugh about that now. Kade said that he probably would have done the same thing if his little girl started dating someone like he was back then. It is just kind of funny to see them now hanging out together and having fun. I never thought it would be that way. I am so grateful that they have a good relationship.

Okay... now onto the changes....

- Kade decided to quit his job at Amerigas. He has been miserable there for a while now and it just broke my heart to see him so unhappy. His reason for staying there has been because it is good money. Money is freakin' stupid. He has told me that is why he hasn't gone back to school, because he has always made good money elsewhere. I want him to do something that he is passionate about and something that he loves. After talking a lot about it we decided that he should quit and move on. He is going to work as an electrician apprentice for my brother-in-law Ryan's company full time until January. Then in January Kade is going to work part time and be a full time student at Dixie. I am so proud of him for finally going back to school. He has really wrestled with it over the last few years, he decides that he wants to go... and then he changes his mind. Most of the reason why he changes his mind is over the money thing. Screw money. I am sick of it being the basis for his career decisions. Money will come and go. Kade is so smart and has so much potential. He has done so many different jobs and has a really wide range of talents and skills. I think he could be anything that he wanted to be. Anything. I really think that. He wants to go back to be a surgical technologist right now. He would be really good at that. I am a little stressed about being the main bread-winner for our household, but I can do it. We will be okay. He is taking a pretty significant pay cut, plus only going part time in January so we will have to really buckle down and stop spending as much. I don't have a problem with that. We will be fine and we will make it work. I just want him to be happy and satisfied in a career that he actually likes and is not just doing it because it is good money. I am so proud of him. Now is the time for him to do that since we don't have a baby yet, so I am glad that he is getting it done now.
So things are going to be very different around here, but I know that in the long run we will be more happy and have a better foundation for our family so I am excited to see what this new chapter of life will bring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment