I finished my student teaching a little over a week ago.
Kinda mixed feelings going on here..
I thought I would be more happy about it than I actually am.
While I was student teaching I would often fantasize about the day I would be done with this and move on, particularly while making copies or doing some other lame task I was asked to do. Ha, but now that its over, I'm kinda sad about it!
Don't get me wrong, I AM glad to be done with school and have my bachelor's degree and license and all that jazz... but I miss my kids! I LOVED them so much. I wish I could be their real teacher permanently. It was hard to walk away from some of them after investing so much time and seeing them progress so much. I will miss them A LOT.
My cute 3rd Grade Class!
On my last day I came back from lunch to find a stack of letters on my desk. They were so cute! I couldn't read them at school because I knew I would loose it and be a weepie mess. I read them when I got home and YEP I was a weepie mess. :)
Its weird to think that as of May 7th I will be a graduate. Not a student anymore. I have been a student all my life! I like being a student! I guess its time for the 'real' world... I hope I can get a job!
I had an interview with the district last week, man that was nerve wracking. Over 200 people applied and they narrowed it down to 90 people that got an interview. I was elated when I found out that I was one of the people who got an interview. Its a scary time right now. I hear that there are only about 20 openings district wide as of now. SO since the interview is over I'm now waiting and hoping for a call back. I want to teach SO BAD! Its hard waiting around for a call that I might never get. I am not the most patient person in the world, and I like to always have things planned out... I guess I am supposed to be learning patience with this, and to be able to relax and know that whatever is supposed to happen will.
No comments:
Post a Comment