Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Light!

Since I have been out of school I started making this lighting fixture for our bedroom.
We used to have a fan in our room, but we moved it into the living room.
By we I mean Kade and Brandon.
I am the creative one, and he is the macho man who makes all of my wild ideas happen.
I got the inspiration from Pinterest... of course. 
It took me a long time to finish it!
It was dirt cheap also... just how I like it.
The light is a paper lantern with like 1,000 coffee filters hot glued to it!
We got a pendant light from Home Depot and stripped it for parts to make the thing it is hanging from.

The boys hard at work....

And the finished product...


I LOVE IT.
I don't think the pictures do it justice. It looks like a big fluffy cloud.
We also got a dimmer for it so it can glow as bright or as dim as we want it to.
I have to say it is pretty romantic.
Don't mind our mis-matched room. I am in the process of re-doing it all white and cream.
I am loving the all white bedrooms I am seeing lately.
They just look so elegant and clean.
I am so glad that our best friends, Brandon and Malissa came over and helped us hang it and install the 2 little cans to go on the sides of it.
We thought it was going to be quick, but it took quite a while.  
Brandon is an electrician - so it was so nice for him to come and help us wire it.
We ended up having a really fun low-key night in.

I love these guys so much. They are such great friends to us.
They are watching Diesel while we are gone.
He is going to have a blast with their dog Harley and gets to go camping with them.
Thanks again you guys, you are the best!

We will be on the road to HAWAII in 30 hours!!!!
We are so freakin' ready to get the heck outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment