It was just what we needed.
I really don't know how to even organize our trip into days because time over there was so different - I didn't even know what day it was most of the time.... didn't even care either! Ha.
I will try my best to organize things...
Day 1:
Woke up at 4am - got semi ready and made a mad dash for Vegas. On the way out I forgot my ipod at the house! If you know me - you know that I HAVE to have my awesome tunes with me everywhere I go. We were only like a mile away so it wasn't a big deal to turn around and get it but for some reason it made me really nervous? The second Kade pulled the car up to our drive way and I jumped out - I puked everywhere on our sidewalk. Haha - classy, I know. I was like "What the crap?! I don't even feel sick?!"
It was weird - I felt totally fine after that. I have never thrown up before because I was so nervous/excited.
We made our Vegas flight just fine. We got to San Francisco and our plane was delayed 4 hours!!! So we had ample time to eat lunch and talk. Most people would be pretty irritated by that - but we were fine just hanging out. I actually took a nap. I can sleep anywhere.
The plane ride was SO long. I think it was just because we were so excited to get there. I have decided that I don't like flying so much.
And then we finally arrived in paradise!
We didn't waste any time and went straight to the beach after our room.
It was sunset and so unbelievably beautiful.
Our hotel is right next to this huge black rock, so they call it black rock beach.
We went to a lot of different beaches in Maui, but the one just steps from our room was our favorite spot.
Day 2 - Woke up to this amazing view from our suite... and couldn't get over how gorgeous it was so we just sat there and snuggled for a good 15 minutes. It was perfect. The beach is literally steps away. We could hear the waves crashing on the beach and it was so peaceful.
After we got ready, we explored the island! Went to the aquarium and the tropical plantation. Kade loved the aquarium. It was really cool. I have tons and tons of photos, but I am only going to put some on here. It would take me forever to load all of them. I am planning on making a cute book with every picture in it later. Before we went to the aquarium we stopped at this beautiful little beach to get our feet wet. There was no one there! Not a soul. I couldn't believe it. It was so romantic.
Maui Ocean Center
Tropical Plantation
For lunch Kade was dying to eat at this local restaurant featured on Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel.
I was skeptical, but was happy to go since he was SO excited about it.
LOL it was freakin nasty.
If you know Kade, you know that he loves trying new foods and eating weird crap... but he could not even get this food down which is saying a lot. We could not stop laughing.
This was their signature dish... fried spam in a sushi roll... they love spam over there. It is everywhere!
Nasty. Sushi is one of Kade's favorite foods, but he could only choke down a few bites. After lunch we booked it to the nearest Jamba Juice :)
Day 3 and 4ish I think? I'm not sure. By now I lost the concept of time - Kade went parasailing! I opted out, but had a blast just riding on the boat and watching him do it! He loved it.
After our glorious beach day we watch another amazing sunset and headed out on the town! The ocean water was so perfect by the way! I thought it would be really cold, but it is the perfect temperature. The weather there is perfect as well. It is like 87 degrees all the time. Not too hot, not too cold... just right. I am a total beach bum and would be perfectly content with spending every single day on a beach. I love the ocean. Something about it just calls to me. I could swim and lay out all day everyday. I was probably a mermaid in another life.
We ate here for dinner. It was the most oooey, goooey, delicious cheeseburger ever! So amazing! They had a live band playing and we hung out at the bar for a while... so much fun! We hung out on this street quite a bit at night. Front Street. It is right on the ocean and full of fun little shops and interesting characters.
After dinner we walked down the street and got the BEST shave ice in THE WORLD. OMG. It is heavenly. Kade got coconut ice cream at the bottom of his and I got macadamia nut ice cream on mine.
YUMMMY.
I wanted to get lots of pictures of our hotel. It was seriously the nicest hotel I have ever been to. It was immaculate. Total perfection. The pool was huge! It wrapped around the whole place and was so tropical and lush.
Our favorite beach right outside of our hotel where we swam with sea turtles EVERYDAY! Yes - every freakin day. It was magical. We have some great pictures of the turtles but I am too lazy to scan them in right now. I love sea turtles. They are so gentle and amazing to watch. They are not afraid of people at all. They were literally swimming with us and let us touch them and play. We rode on a really big one haha! Kade even got brave and fed one. You really aren't supposed to do this, but we won't tell if you won't. One day we saw 4 of them all together! There were 3 bigger ones and a little baby! It was so amazing! I love snorkeling. We saw all kinds of beautiful fish too.
Another breath taking sunset
Dinner on Front street again. Lahaina Pizza Co.
I have absolutely no idea what day we decided to go on our Molokini Island tour, but It was a blast! It was hands down the best snorkeling spot on Maui. Crystal clear pristine water with the most colorful exotic fish you could ever dream of. It was a great excursion and totally worth the $$.
I didn't bring my digital camera with us, only our little cheap underwater camera, so the quality of these pictures aren't the best - but I was so glad that we had it to capture the underwater life we saw.
Then on the 19th was our 2 year anniversary! We ate breakfast in bed and watched our wedding video. It still makes us cry! I am so grateful that we have it all on video to watch each year and remember everything. Watching my parents dancing together and laughing really got to me. I haven't seen that since our day. It was just a perfect time. No one was sick or dying, no one was fighting, everything was just as it should be. Our wedding day was perfection. I still wouldn't change a thing about it. We always laugh together at all of the stressed out bridezillas we have watched lately lol. So funny. If you are like that on your wedding day or the night before - you probably shouldn't be getting married! There was no stress over our day. I was so calm and just over the moon completely crazy in love. Anyway, this past year flew by! Whoever said the first year is the hardest is stupid because year 2 was totally the hardest year for us in a lot of ways. Maybe they say that for couples who don't live together before they get married? We lived together for a solid year and a half before we got hitched. I am so glad we did too. We knew exactly what we were getting into! It baffles me watching people get married who barley even have known eachother for a year or so! It is just odd to me, but then again I am not from Utah and Utah is weird like that. Is it a Utah thing? We accomplished a lot of goals and did a lot of fun stuff this year! We are so much more in love and stronger than we were when we began, which is hard to believe but it is true. Together - we can do anything. I love our rich history together and how our love has grown and matured so much over time.
One night we were eating pizza at a different pizza place in Lahaina. Kade over heard a family deciding what kind of pizza to get. They were arguing because this little girl only wanted cheese but the couple wanted a different one. This pizza place only sold big pies. We had already ordered just a plain cheese one before them. Kade being the amazingly generous guy he is offered half of our pizza to this family for the little girl. They were so shocked and skeptical about it and tried to give us money for it and stuff - we of course declined. We sat next to them and talked for a bit. The guy asked us a bunch of questions and was very nice and gracious. I didn't know what the big deal was, it was just a pizza! He asked us how long we had been together and Kade told him 9 years with a gap in there for a while but we have always been good friends. Then Kade said... "Yep.... she's my Jenny. We go together like peas and carrots." Just like Forest Gump. It was hilarious. I'll never forget that.
Kade picked me flowers in the morning :)
It was a beautiful day.
We had dinner that night at a really fancy restaurant in Napli called the Sea House. It was very romantic right on the cove but I decided that I am not a fancy type of gal. Don't get me wrong the dinner was good, but it was not worth the price tag to me and a little too upscale and stuffy for my taste.
One day we drove the road to Hana. Not sure what day exactly. It was like a whole other world over there! So tropical and unique. It rained that day and the road is freakin scary as it is, but in the rain I was terrified! I am glad we did it though because it was some of the most beautiful scenery. We wanted to get out and hike at a lot of great spots but the weather was not great that day. We still enjoyed it. We didn't drive all the way to the end. You seriously feel like you are in the jungle! I felt like I was on Lost.
After Hana we stopped in this cool little hippy town called Paia.
It had the most beautiful look out point and gorgeous beaches.
Kade eating his beloved Poke. He eats lunch at the Poke Bowl in town like once a week. I hate stuff like that, but I like to watch him eat it haha. I can't do raw fish. I just can't. He said it was so fresh and amazing. I was on the other side of the table eating a bagel from my beloved Starbucks. Haha yummm. Don't you just love his hat? Haha, he got it from the parasailing company, on the front it says At West Maui Parasail.
In town at a busy intersection a lady was stopped in the middle of the road. Kade of course wanted to stop and help her. I was like, no let's not, I bet by the time we turn around and get out to help her someone else will beat us to it. Well I was wrong. He pulled over and when he got to her she said "Oh thank goodness! I have been sitting here for over 25 minutes and no one has stopped!" I was shocked and then felt bad for almost passing her by. We gave her a jump and went on our way. Just another example of how sweet my husband is.
We enjoyed lots more fun days at the beach!
On one of the days we were just hanging out by the pool drinking the most delicious mai tais you could ever imagine and this guy was doing free Snuba demos in the pool. We tried it of course and thought it felt really cool. It is like in between scuba diving and snorkeling. This really nice couple was there too and were going out on the excursion in an hour. The guy was HUGE. We talked for a while and he was practically begging us to go out with them. We finally agreed, but were a little worried because it was SO expensive. Anyway after talking to this guy more he offered to pay for our snuba trip. We were like.... ummm.... what? No way. What do you do? Oh he is a freakin linebacker for The San Francisco 49ers! Ahmad Brooks! We googled him immediately after returning to our room. Lol. He has a six year contract with them for 44 million dollars! Freak! We should have let him pay. Haha oh well. He was very nice and down to earth. The 49ers have always been Kade's favorite team, so I had to keep reminding him to "be cool." Haha. He was very happy. We had a great time going snuba diving with him and his lady friend. Here are some pics that our instructor took.
So pretty much this was the best vacation of all time in the history of ever!
We were a little sad to leave paradise, but so glad to get home and see Diesel and sleep in our heavenly bed again! The day we got back we went over to my parent's house and showed them all of our stuff and ended up hanging out and laughing our butts off until like 1 in the morning! I missed my family. We were so freaking tired! Last night we had Brandon and Malissa over for dinner and hung out late too. I missed them. They are the bestest friends we could ever ask for! They had a lot of fun watching Diesel.
Anyway, its back to real life now and we are broke as a joke but it was so worth it!
Best time I ever had.
:)
yay! how fun is that! all the pictures are gorgeous, and im totally jealous.
ReplyDelete