Well school officially was out for me last Thursday the 24th!
It was a really fun and memorable week.
I was fine all week, and even that day... until last period.
I was so busy that I didn't really have time to reflect on everything until that last class.
I stalled big time. I didn't want the bell to ring and to let my sweet kids go! I love all of them so much and I will always remember how crazy and wonderful this first year of teaching has been.
On Wednesday one of my students cracked their head open on the edge of my desk while picking up a piece of trash! I thought I could get through a whole year without any major injuries, but NOPE!
This kid is one of my favorites (you aren't supposed to have favorites, but I do) who also happens to be severely autistic. I thought he was going to have a panic attack.
I was freaking out inside but didn't want it to show. Blood was everywhere! I put pressure on his head to stop the bleeding and calmed him down before I walked him down to the office. While I was walking him down he said "Mrs. Prisbrey, did you used to be a doctor before you were a teacher?"
I laughed and said no.
Then he said "Oh. Because you sure knew what you were doing in there."
Haha. It was cute and I'm glad that my freaking out inside didn't show on the outside.
I will miss these kiddos so much, but I am SO excited for the summer time!!!
I feel like I have been going non stop and it is time for some much needed relaxation.
Kade has banned me from working on anything school related until July.
It sounds easy, but this will actually be very hard for me as I am the type to get things done and not so much the type to relax and do nothing.
But I promised him, so I won't.
Hawaii in 12 days!!!
12 days.
So much to do and so little time!
My first week of summer vacation has been wonderful. Kade and I went swimming, hung out with my family, moved our best friends into their new house, got a mani and pedi, and I am making a new lighting fixture for our bedroom. I am redoing it again. Lol. I hope this will be the last time for a while. We also got a new bed and it has been like sleeping on a cloud. It is heaven! Next week I am watching the girls while Britt is working because her babysitter is on vacation. It is going to be fun, I can't wait to spend some quality time with my Abby :)

What an amazing teacher you are! You are so sweet Syd! We need to hang out!
ReplyDelete