Kade turned 25 last Saturday!
He keeps saying how he is an old man now haha.
We had a pretty low-key day.
I made him yummy breakfast... bacon, eggs, toast, and hash browns.
We went bowling at good ol' Dixie Bowl. Kade loves to go bowling. He is pretty good too.
It was kind of cool because there was only 1 other person there besides us. It was like we had the whole place to ourselves! We both agreed that it hasn't changed at all since we were in elementary school. It even smelled the same :)
After bowling Kade took me to meet his Grandpa Clark and other Prisbrey relatives at the cemetery in the middle of town. (Kinda morbid to be doing that on your birthday - but whatever. It didn't seem weird at the time. That is what he wanted to do, so we did.) I had never met him before, only seen him in pictures and heard lots of stories about him. Kade never got a chance to meet him either since he died before he was born. So sad. I wish Kade and I could know him now. He sounded like a really interesting person. I bet he was similar to Kade in a lot of ways. Just how Kade is a lot like his Dad in a lot of ways. There were quite a few Prisbrey people there. It got us talking about where we wanted to be buried, and how, and what kind of funeral we want. Weird conversation, but good. After that we went home and got ready to go out to dinner. Kade chose Red Lobster. My mom was off work but still cleaning, she came and visited with us for a minute and bought Kade 2 Hefs with an orange, his favorite drink.
My mom loves Kade. This is random but on Father's Day we were in Hawaii and my Mom sent Kade this cute text:
"You're going to be a really good Dad someday. Glad you are having a good time! Love you, "Mom"
Kade replied:
"Thanks Mom. I love you guys so much. It means a lot to me that you think that. Thank you."
It was so simple but it meant a lot to him and me as well. I am glad that my parents think so highly of him.
And it is true - he is going to be the best Dad ever.
Anyway after dinner we made it home just in time for family to arrive.
We had cake and ice cream and hung out for a while with our families.
After everyone had gone, I was cleaning up in the kitchen and Kade came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around me tight. He whispered in my ear what a great birthday he had and thanked me for making his cake and for getting everyone together. Then we slow danced in the kitchen with no music for a good 5 minutes before bed. It was so sweet and simple and a memory I will have forever.
I didn't take any pictures that day except for one of his cake. It is a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing with Reese's crumbles and Reese's cut in half around the cake. I had never made a real cake before with homemade icing, but I think it turned out pretty good. Kade loved it.
So Happy 25th to my amazing husband! You are my most favorite person in the whole world. I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment