Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Getting Old, Being Young, and The Stuff That Happens In Between

Getting Old:
Why do we have to get old?
I wish we could stay forever young, wild, and healthy.
Yeah, I get it. We all have our own destiny and life path that we lead and then it comes to an end when it is your time and blah blah blah. Sure, all of that is beautiful.
But I think that some people should get to live forever.
Kade's Grandma and Grandpa Pope are among these select few people.
I have never in my life met a couple more in love.
The amazing kind of love that can overcome anything.
The good stuff.
Kade and I look up to them so much.
We hope that Grandma stays well long enough to hold our little one.
I almost can't bear the thought of our baby never knowing her, but then I remember that he or she will know of her in our stories we tell and that their great love for each other will always live on in our memories.
We are so grateful that she and Grandpa were able to dance at our wedding.
It was the best time. Grandma and Grandpa were doing good, my parents were still together... all was right in the world. I'm so glad Kade and I got married when we did. I was considering waiting another year so that I would be completely done with school and we could be more financially set and so on. I'm glad my heart won that battle against my head because it was the best decision that I have ever made.

06/19/10

Being Young:
My kids cheer me up everyday.
I feel so lucky that I get to basque in their joy and carefree spirit. It is like taking a shower for your soul. It still hasn't quite hit me yet that I seriously get paid to hang out with these amazing future leaders of tomorrow and hopefully teach them a thing or two.
The most recent video of my 6th period class singing their "Rockin' The 7's Song"
I am very proud of this.
7's are hard people! I know that this made it a lot easier for them to remember.

Here is a cute drawing that one of my students gave to me! I love it. I remember that day and that exact outfit that I was wearing. Kids are so observant! I have a huge shrine of a ton of my favorite little notes and drawings that my kids give to me. When I am having a bad day, I look at them and can't help but crack a smile. 
The Stuff That Happens In Between:
Kade and I bought a new car last Saturday!
It is a 2011 Kia Sorento.
We love it!
I was a little freaked out after leaving the lot with it just because it all happened so fast and I got lost somewhere in the madness. I had never bought a car from a dealer before. Good thing my Dad sold cars for a few years before he started the business so that I could run everything by him first and get his opinion on it. It was lightly used with only 30,000 miles on it. Totally certified with all of the new car warranty. I think this is the best way to buy a car. Why pay full price for something just because it has 0 miles? I'm telling you - I know no difference. We test drove a few brand new ones and this one felt just like the other ones. It gets better gas mileage than our Altima too! I couldn't believe it. It also has a ton of great fancy features and safety ratings that we couldn't pass up. I practically had to drag Kade onto the Kia dealership. He did not want a Kia. He had some weird stigma about the brand or something? I dunno, I still don't get it. Anyway, he drove it and loved it as much as I did. I especially loved the price tag. It was a great deal.
Not that we didn't love our Altima, because we did. It was just time to get something bigger and better.
It had everything that we were looking for in our family car and so much more. We will be driving this for a long time. When we drove away for the first time, heading to Kade's Grandparent's house, I started bawling my eyes out because I was so overwhelmed I guess. I still don't really know why I was so upset?  Kade pulled over and and held me close, then said, "Syd... everything is going to be okay. Look back, can't you see a car seat sitting there? And another kid on the opposite side? Or maybe even a third one in the very back? I can. I can see our family in here and imagine all of the fun things we will do together in this car." 
I about died. I instantly saw it too. If it was even possible, I fell in love with him even more.
He always knows exactly what to say to calm me down and comfort me.
I'm glad that this was our first memory in our new car.
I can't wait to tell our future baby about how much we already loved it, and how long we had been waiting to meet it and how we were so excited for it to come. It is gut-wrenching for me thinking that I am pregnant, and then finding out that I'm not. Every time, I try to not get my hopes up, but I always do, and then every time I am let down. I know that it will happen when it is supposed to. I just want so badly for that time to be soon. We feel so ready.
I guess thats all for now.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment